Citrix Gateway Review

Is easy to install, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

In our environment right now, we are using NetScaler. We purchased two devices last year for our Citrix VDI environment, for load balancing and gateway features for VPN connectivity.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to set up and is stable. It is scalable as well, depending on the model.

What needs improvement?

Security enhancements could be made, and technical support could be improved.

Their VAS product should be more productive because right now, we are using other VAS solutions but not using this one.

Right now, the multi-factor authentication solution built-in with the product works, but it actually uses Google Authenticator, a third-party authenticator. I would like Citrix to launch their own authenticator-based software so that it will be more secure. It will be more personalized according to the requirements too.

I've been working with Citrix Gateway for around two years.

The product has been stable so far.

It is scalable depending on the model you have. We have about 5,000 plus users in our company.

Technical support is quite good. Improvement is needed on the technical side, response time, and technical engineer support.

The initial setup was very easy.

The price could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Citrix Gateway at nine.

More Citrix Gateway reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix Gateway vs. SonicWall SMA and other solutions. Updated: September 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.