Citrix NetScaler ADC Review

Innovative TriScale architecture and SSL offloading capability

Valuable Features:

Citrix main strong-point is its flexible deployment model, which can help customers save on acquisition costs at the onset. The TriScale architecture that the Citrix sales guys have been pushing provides a pay as you grow deployment model. It also allows us to consolidate devices with features such as multitenancy and clustering. Other features like SSL offload for 2048-bit and 4096-bit key lenghts and good traffic and application reporting capabilities makes our investment in this product worthwhile.They seem to have pretty competent and responsive technical support.

Room for Improvement:

It is somewhat frustrating that there has been less feature innovations from their products. Though I really believe that Citrix’s TriScale architecture is a very innovative and successful strategy, it still lacks features such as asymmetric web content optimization which is an essential for ADCs. Also, the use of templates for ease of configuration and use also makes it a somewhat inflexible system. If you need a more advanced rules creation system then this product is not for you.

Other Advice:

I worked with Netscaler in my previous company. Overall, I recommend it. Its innovative TriScale architecture and SSL offloading capability are on par with some of the best products available. It’s a very user-friendly system that is easy to configure and use for a variety of deployment scenarios
1 Comment
Developer at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employeesVendor

For me using NetScaler was useful because Citrix offers it as a virtual appliance, which means that the user is able to use virtual appliances in non-production environments as a cost saving measure.

02 May 13