Citrix NetScaler ADC Review
Easily integrates with other Citrix products

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of them:

• Load balancing in communications
  • Global load balancing between data centers
  • The management
  • Easy integration with other Citrix products.

In the management topic, there are three levels:

1. 1st Level, most user-friendly, the GUI, in this level we can configures all the features and inclusive test the implementations.
  2. 2nd Level Console, very helpful for easy access to all settings and troubleshooting problems, deep level in settings.
  3. 3rd Level Shell, essential to troubleshooting. Direct access to all logging in the components.

Easy integration with Citrix Solution, NetScaler has wizards to help implementation of Citrix solutions, like XenApp/XenDesktop and Xenmobile.

How has it helped my organization?

In the organization, we have three systems based in Citrix technology, so there was logic to add a solution which give us security and a focal point of access. With Netscaler, we have a solution divided in two data centers, a secure and unique point of access, and balanced traffic between all the critical components in the Citrix solutions. For the last, we have a mature, solid, and secure component to complete the Citrix environment.

What needs improvement?

I think there is always room for improvement in this type of solutions. For example, I think the GUI should be easy to understand.

I have used this version about one year, but Netscaler for about three years.

No, this is a Citrix product. This means there are gobs of documentation, and the support given by CItrix, it's very good.

No. We have four virtual appliances working. If we need to increase, it's a simple process.

No, the whole solution is based in Citrix technology.

The system was easy, but the GSLB function was more difficult to configure and test.

It all depends on the features that will be used and the number of accesses.

What other advice do I have?

It is important, almost crucial, to have some network knowledge. Have the technical design made, it is very simple to overcomplicate when using this product.