Citrix NetScaler Unified Gateway Review
Our customers can provide access to their applications and data, but the data won’t leave their data centers

What is most valuable?

• Netscaler Gateway
  • Netscaler AAA
  • Netscaler Content Switching/Load Balancing
  • Central Application Delivery Controller with a huge feature set based on the latest requirements

How has it helped my organization?

We implement these solutions at many customer sites. This directly affects the productivity and gives the customer a very flexible solution.

The customers have the possibility to provide access to their applications and data, but the data itself won’t leave their data centers.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything at the moment.

We have been using NetScaler for five years.

We sometimes had issues after updates.

I would give technical support a rating of 10 out of 10.

We did not use a previous solution.

You need a very good concept and you have to do the conceptual work before you start implementing. Depending on the concept, the setup could be straightforward.

You have to do some hard work in order to get the suitable licenses.

We looked at VMware View in some projects.

What other advice do I have?

All Citrix products are very flexible and give you a huge amount of possibilities. From a consulting perspective, I recommend allocating enough take time for project planning.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a Citrix Gold Partner and Specialist in Networking and Virtualization product lines.