Citrix NetScaler Unified Gateway Review

Helpful load balancing and verification features, but scalability and technical support need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our customers.

What is most valuable?

Most of our customers are using the load balancing feature and the verification feature is good as well, in my experience.

What needs improvement?

The two-factor authentication solution needs improvement. It needs a multi-factor authentification.

Training videos would be helpful, and they're transitioning to a new portal, as far as I know. So the portal maybe has now improvements and they will provide for a larger community for the users and retailers. This will provide a more improved solution.

A forward proxy in the next release would be good, I think. If the solution had a more advanced DNS, it would be an improvement.

I've been using the solution for three years.

Stability is fine, depending on what features you are using.

Scalability is not good because they didn't change the solution. If you want to scale the product you have to install more and more appliances, and their solution technology is not good against the competition. We have less than ten thousand users.

The technical support is fine. It's not the best, but fine.

We are a reseller company, so we resell to our customers the product and we integrate it with other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Most of the product is good, but we prefer F5's networks against Citrix.

I would rate this solution as six out of ten.