Citrix SD-WAN Review

CIFS optimisation is really good and benefits are realised if using ICA also. Initial configuration can be problematic.

What is most valuable?

CIFS optimisation is really good and benefits are realised if using ICA also.

How has it helped my organization?

Using solutions like this reduces the increase on Telco bandwidth - inter site optimisations and using the accelerator software for mobile users can be of great assistance too.

What needs improvement?

The configuration is less than intuitive and it's important that the network is fully mapped out before trailing this.

I am an integrator so I have configured and used this in 5 companies to date.

Initial configuration can be problematic.

None.

Assuming the network is fully discovered, this scales really well.

Customer Service: Not great - the first line support for this product is pretty much nil.Technical Support: Kind of relating to my comment above - plenty of people will sell you the product but you really need a skilled resource that has done this before - its not a product you want to learn while you are deploying it.

No, but I have done POCs on the Riverbed and Bluecoat appliances before recommending CloudBridge.

If full understanding is held of the network, it is pretty self explanatory if you have a network background.

I am an integration consultant so I was effectively the implementer that Citrix used (as a 3P).

One of my clients has capped their Telco costs (so the ROI is really the Telco growth savings).

Varies from client to client.

What other advice do I have?

Understand your network back to front. Make sure that your firewalls are well documented and that the network appliances in the company are well documented.
More Citrix SD-WAN reviews from users