Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Review

It provides a secure desktop to remote users, and licensing is competitively priced.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product to me is its ability to provide a secure desktop to remote users.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has allowed the organisation to provide VDs for external users to access internal resources and manage them.

What needs improvement?

The product deployment is role-based and I would like to see the roles reduced.

I have used this solution for 18 months.

We had some issue with SCVMM, which is used to manage the Citrix infrastructure. We also faced an issue with the VDs being unregistered due to different reasons.

Citrix support is very good. You open a case online and then give them a call. An engineer works with you until the issue is resolved. I quite like it.

This is our first VD deployment.

Initial setup was straightforward, but we did face some issues. As it is role-based setup, one needs to follows it properly, and do the sizing right to get it working.

The product was implemented by a solution provider along with the server hardware as part of the project.

We implemented the product to check the feasibility and acceptability of VD in our organisation.

The product licensing is competitively priced.

More Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops reviews from users