Citrix Workspace Review

Allowing secure, stable access to applications in your environment through virtual desktops

What is our primary use case?

We are in the process of upgrading the product currently. Our primary use case is having it as our main access for all our employees to be able to connect to our work environment. All applications are available through that access point.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in Citrix is really just the desktop. The desktop part is what we are using right now for our client access. So just the use we have for the remote access, in general, is the most useful for us at this time.

What needs improvement?

I think Citrix Workspace is doing a good job for us. No complaints. If there was an improvement to make on the Workspace product, it would have to do with the communication components. Zoom, Teams, and Salon are not working well within the virtual desktop. So doing something to get the product to allow the video conferencing applications to function better would be the most important.

We have been using a Citrix setup for a long time. I would say 15 years.

Workspace is quite stable. There has been no notable downtime.

It easy to add applications to Workspace and to expand usage.

We are using private companies to help us with the support of the product. We are not using Citrix for support. The support we have is good.

I did look into information about the workspace from VMware. With the VMware workspaces, there were not any specific pain points. We were just researching the products and features for comparison.

What other advice do I have?

What I would say to people looking at Citrix Workspace as a solution is to do thorough testing for all applications. In our case, this should have included video conferencing applications. It was something we did not look at specifically probably because it was working well with everything else.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Citrix Workspace as an eight of ten.

More Citrix Workspace reviews from users