Clarity SM Review

We have had no issues scaling it globally throughout our company.

What is most valuable?

The tool itself is valuable as a result of all its features combined. Therefore, I have found that there is no feature more valuable than another.

How has it helped my organization?

The scalability of a product this size has provided us with the most improvement. Being able to use one product globally throughout our company to capture and report on all IT work being done has provided the most benefit.

What needs improvement?

Ease of support and upgrades need much improvement. We don't have a dedicated team to support this system, and we still need to rely to much on services to perform upgrades and major patches due to the complexity of the system. Also, their mobile application does not allow us to configure it the same way as the system is configured, so we cannot use it at all.

We've been using it for four and a half years.

We had many issues, especially in the first release we implemented (12.5). In later releases, the overall system stability has improved greatly, but there have been other stability issues with specific parts of the system functionality. They do seem to provide test patches that help with stability of those areas, but with each new release there are new specific functionality stability issues that need to be addressed.

We have had no issues scaling it globally throughout our company.

Support is great. The engineers should probably work a little closer with the support and services teams on new releases to better understand the overall issues. They need to understand the issues that older versions had to ensure they they willnot re-occur in the new release, as well to ensure that any new functionality does not create similar issues that will need to be addressed. I think that too many 'test' patches are provided specifically to one customer that aren't carried over to the new release which causes that customer to have to address that issue again with support in the new release, and again receive another 'test' patch. Introducing more configuration options for these would give customers the flexibility that is needed for these areas.

We also looked at BMC Remedy and GWI.

It's complex. Customers aren't really able to implement this system themselves, unless they are going to use everything out-of-the-box.

I don't see anyone other than large companies being able to afford this system.

We previously used a system that wasn't scalable to use globally, which is why we switched.

What other advice do I have?

Most vendors will tell you that you don't need a full time dedicated person or team to support and administer their system, but you really do, especially if you are going to utilize everything it has to offer. This person should understand the code, since some supported changes are made at the form level by changing or adding to the code.

14.1
More Clarity SM reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with JIRA Service Management
Learn what your peers think about Clarity SM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.