Clarity SM Review

With major incident tracking, we are able to differentiate between a normal and a major incident.

What is most valuable?

We use everything in service desk and each one of them are adding benefit to the company and users. We really benefit from all of the features but if I have to single some features out, it will be:

Major incident tracking: We are able to differentiate between a normal and a major incident and do comprehensive reporting on this to key stakeholders.

SLA management: Each category has it’s own unique SLA linked and this gives us the ability to manage the expectations of end users more effectively.

How has it helped my organization?

Provides quicker resolution of all tickets with SLA management; reporting is quick and easy; tickets can be tracked and escalations can be handled by the correct teams.

What needs improvement?

The old employee interface available in CA had certain features and functions that were not brought over to Unified Self Service. One of the features that we use extensively in our environment is the properties or also known as additional information. This gives us the ability to ask the end user certain questions upfront to assist the back office teams to resolve the ticket faster and more effectively.

We had to do some in-house development to get this functionality working and I am glad to say that we have successfully been able to get this implemented. USS is a huge improvement in terms of the look and feel from an end user point of view but letting out a key functionality like the properties resulted in a longer implementation period.

We have been using CA Service Desk since about 2006 when it was still called CA Unicentre.

When we were still on an Oracle database, we had some stability issues but we have been running on SQL without any major stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

Support is a problem area for us. They take too long to respond to tickets logged.

We didn't have anything before this.

I can’t comment on the initial setup.

We don’t have any issues with regards to the licensing module or pricing.

I can’t comment.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure you do an out-of-the-box implementation. We have learned from upgrades that customizations cause a lot of issues during upgrades.

More Clarity SM reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with JIRA Service Management
Learn what your peers think about Clarity SM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.