ClearSlide Review

Their customer support is virtually non-existent

What is most valuable?

ClearSlide used to be pretty good for online remote presentations, online open alerts through email, and presentation prospect engagement reports. However, their service became unusable for our purposes, because most of the large companies that we presented to restricted internet access, which made its core feature: Smooth multi-media presentations, a useless feature for us.

How has it helped my organization?

It really didn't. ClearSlide was difficult to upload and manage creative assets, like videos. Slide formatting issues were commonplace.

What needs improvement?

There are tons. First and foremost, Clearslide's billing practices border on predatory. They have a stealthy, indefinite term, auto-renew policy that attempts to charge the online credit card you originally signed with for a full year in advance every year unless you cancel 90 days prior to your original signing date. They also have sales reps who make verbal term commitments that fail to show up on the actual contract which they send over. They refuse to refund any monies which have been paid, even if you cannot use their service for any reason. Their core features are found on other tools out there for a cheaper cost and for less restrictive billing practices.

Their customer support is virtually non-existent. If you have an important issue that needs attention, good luck. Stay far away from this company.

More than five years.

Yes, it was time consuming, and ultimately, a complete waste of time.

Yes, Clearslide was very unpredictable. Its performance was completely dependent on internet accessibility. If the companies your sales team presents at restricts access in any way for security purposes, you will not be able to present effectively.

Yes, the product did not scale for a national sales team for the reasons mentioned above.

One out of 10. The worst. I informed them that we were unable to use their service during our first initial trial year. Nonetheless, they attempted to auto-renew our corporate credit cards for an additional year in advance. I explained our situation multiple times to rising degrees of their "customer success" team, even making a plea directly to their CEO to do the right thing, only to have collection attempts escalate to the point of becoming harassment. All for $800.

A two out of 10. Terrible. They have no interest in helping advance their product to work for their customers needs.

I have used many other services. All were better with the exception of the open tracking and engagement reports. That part of what they do is still pretty cool, but I suspect others will advance better tools soon, if they have not already.

No, the setup was time consuming. The asset management and tagging to help teams find the right creative assets was a nightmare.

We implemented in-house.

It is negative, whatever we paid. No return on investment.

Please look carefully at any and all other options before choosing ClearSlide, unless you really like indefinite auto-renew billing with absolutely no recourse to reverse charges or end your contract in less than three months prior to auto renew commencing. This is a company on a downward spiral, as is evidenced by the fact they have to resort to stealthy auto-renewing pay-in-advance practices with no exceptions just to get one more year out of customers, because so many companies presumably do not want to renew.

Yes, there are many better solutions over ClearSldie.

Pipedrive, ShareFile, CustomShow, Prezi, KnowledgeVision, Haiku Deck, SlideDog, Slide Bureau, Keynote, MediaShout, Heck, PowerPoint, and a flash drive.

What other advice do I have?

I can only advise people based on my real interaction with ClearSlide. I used them for over five years, and used to recommend them freely. When I became unable to use their service based on the reasons I described above, they charged me for two years of service that I could not use, and had no ability to see what the right thing to do really was.