Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway Review

Facilitates creation of your own content-filtering policies with relative ease

What is most valuable?

• Ability to create message bypasses for groups and/or individuals. Meaning, you do not have to "whitelist" email domains or addresses when a specific bypass will do.
  • Personal Message Manager (PMM): It allows users to release or delete quarantined messages. Also, allows users to add people to a Trusted Senders list.
  • Ability to create your own content-filtering policies with relative ease.

How has it helped my organization?

Ability to create your own content-filtering policies, i.e., banned syntax and inappropriate words/expressions and phishing rules. Also, creating "spoofing" bypasses for legitimate mail traffic sent to internal recipients via third-party (external) mail servers.

What needs improvement?

FTP server and TRUST Manager functionality.

11 years.

No, but I have never had the need to increase my disk space (currently 250GB)

Excellent! A 10 out of 10.

Symantec Messaging Gateway (Brightmail).

Initial setup was straightforward, but tweaking required technical support. In what ways? Setting up custom policies (spoofing, etc.), admin/recipient INFORMs, and Domain/Mail Routing required attention when adding Load Balancers (VIPs).

Government handles pricing via GSA contracts. I'm a contractor.

Symantec Brightmail and Clearswift MIMEsweeper.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it! I think it's an excellent product with great technical support. Currently, we are in a hybrid (Exchange VM/Office365). They want to replace CS SEG with O365 filtering, but O365 does not offer.

More Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway reviews from users