What is most valuable?
- Dashboarding with maps, charts and pivottable.
- The only 3 things that you need for a simple fast but VERY EFFECTIVE sales tool
How has it helped my organization?
Changed sales force behavior.
Moved from 0% mobile solutions on Android to the following:
- Marking all customer locations on GPS map apps (using smartphones and apps)
- Updated Customer address database with GPS coordinates (from data collected by sales reps on their smartphones)
- Implemented Click map dashboard with customer locations by sales rep
For how long have I used the solution?
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
No. Accessible anywhere since it is Saas via www. Could use it immediately on existing smartphones (no extra cost, no hardware delays, no connectivity issues – just UP and GO).
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
No, we handle small datasets as well as several daily loads of >50,000 records per load into multiple dashboards and it works every time like clock-work.
How are customer service and technical support?
10 out of 10. Got the necessary phone calls when I responded to automatic emails Technical Support
Did not need any technical support – neither will you even if you are not very computer literate or BI experienced.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
- Qlikview. Changed because of affordability vs Qlikview, without losing any significant functionality.
- Changed because it was Saas and does not require any additional infrastructure and/or server investment.
How was the initial setup?
- It is SAAS, just sign on and go.
- Load data
- Up and running with 1 LIVE functional dashboard in less than 45 minutes
- Multiple dashboards covering 80% of business needs in < 3days
- Distributed daily dashboards with sales results to 30 sales employees after just 1 day.
What about the implementation team?
- No vendor team required, since no installation (because it is Saas)
- Training yourself as an administrator takes +/- 1 hour to view all the youtube video’s, which jumpstarts you from 0% to working solution in less than 2 hours, which includes dashboard distribution via email to users in pdf or jpg.
What was our ROI?
Payback period less than 1 month in our case (and I would be very surprised if anyone else cannot achieve the same very high ROI’s)
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
- Zero setup cost since it is Saas.
- Usage options available for less than 50 USD per month – extremely affordable. This is one of the reasons why there is such a quick payback period / high ROI
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
- Yes, many many of them. I went through nearly every one of the 58 BI solutions in the review list to find a simple affordable solution.
- Pentaho (the Saas scenario of Clic was much preferred over a physical installation of Pentaho, in real sales jargon – “the time to market” was sooo much better with Clic),
- Qlikview, (too expensive for our SME size)
- Microstrategy (too complex for our users and “semi-skilled” IT workforce)
- SAP Lumira (although it is not reviewed on IT Central Station – the Clic learning curve was just much simpler and therefore much better for our specific situation)
- Logianalytics (the whole dotnet interface was “too much IT jargon” for a true self service BI aimed at really really lay persons)
- IdealAnalytics (another similar Saas solution) – the setting up of the connector, then dataset etc was also “too much IT jargon” for a true self service BI
- ... and the list of other products evaluated goes on and on and on ...
What other advice do I have?
- As long as it stays this simple, it will be more than good enough for a very large number of small businesses.
- Ask yourself this - if it can do more things, will it really still effectively serve this particular market segment.
- Most business users (not the IT staff) want exactly what this product offers SIMPLICITY, something which requires no more than just a notch or 2 above excel skills on the part of the user, because that is what the average self service BI user in a SME have time for
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Dec 29 2014