Cloudability Review

The integration with our AWS environment was super easy to do. However, it is difficult for first time users to set up particular reports or dashboards.

What is our primary use case?

Cloudability helps us with analyzing a lot of our AWS costs, then seeing those different costs with types of business costs. This helps us get a full understanding of where we are spending our money. It also helps us with reserved instances along with recommendations on them.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides us visibility, then we can turn around and can give the leadership team more information, which we could not previously give them.

What is most valuable?

• The Reserved Instance Planner is quite valuable.
  • It is a SaaS platform that looks at your whole AWS environment.

What needs improvement?

Cloudability needs to be simplified a bit. It can be quite difficult and daunting when some of my colleagues login for the first time. It is difficult to get their particular reports or dashboards set up.

It would be interesting if they sort of expanded their rightsizing model. It's doing a good job at the moment, but it doesn't necessarily take into account a lot of edge cases. Thus, if they spent more time on the development of the rightsizing, it would be quite useful.

I've had absolutely no issues with stability.

We put minimal stress on it compared to a lot of other companies. We don't use it quite extensively throughout the whole business. We have only a few different users.

It is a SaaS product. So, we don't have any issues with how it can scale.

We are in three different regions. We have two environments: sound and production. We have 120,000 monthly active users.

We are enterprise customers, so we have a dedicated technical account manager (TAM).

The technical support has been good, but it is not consistent. Previously, their technical support was very good. They would come in and help with sessions internally. But now, we have dealt with a few people where we ask for one thing and they might not deliver straightaway. It seems like they are a stretched across multiple customers.

The integration with our AWS environment was super easy to do.

We have seen ROI with the reserved instances, and having the ability to predict what reserved instances you can get. We can save tens of thousands of dollars, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in some cases. Having the ability to have those recommendations and buy those purchases helps. If we didn't have Cloudability, we'd still be doing this, and AWS now has their own reserved instance planner. So, we use both. Therefore, we'd still be getting savings without Cloudability, but it is definitely helping us at the moment.

What other advice do I have?

The product is quite interesting. Where we receive a benefit from Cloudability, we now see it more with the AWS offering. They have AWS Cost Explorer, along with the features we like having comprehensive support through AWS. Therefore, Cloudability needs to stay one step ahead of the curve. However, there are a few different parts of Cloudability that we are not fully utilizing yet which we will be utilizing in the future. This means that we are picking up a few more of their features and user adoption in our company will be much greater.

Define what you really want out of your AWS Cost Explorer, then evaluate all the different options. So, evaluate AWS Cost Explorer first, then determine if you want to use Cloudability.

We use the AWS version of the product. I'm quite happy with most of the product.

AWS
More Cloudability reviews from users
...who compared it with Azure Cost Management
Find out what your peers are saying about Cloudability, Microsoft, VMware and others in Cloud Cost Management. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.