CloudCheckr CMx High Security Review

Fair pricing and a straightforward setup but slows down when it's dealing with large datasets

What is our primary use case?

I primarily am using this for multiple customers on Azure and AWS. I use it to do the monthly billing, optimization, and other stuff like that.

What is most valuable?

One of the most useful aspects of the solution is to be able to get my monthly snapshot and get the monthly invoicing. I'm able to customize the invoicing, based on the requirements we have.

I can use this solution for doing site recommendations and other similar tasks.

CloudCheckr is filled with useful features, that help us learn and to deliver the best recommendations on the data we have.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

CloudCheckr can be very slow sometimes. It's tough to extract or, rather, it takes time to extract information when the data itself is large. It's also slow if you're trying to do multiple things at once. The solution needs to work better with larger capacities of data.

We'd like more sizing data. Right now, we only are able to check CPU. Recommendations should be driven based on performance data beyond just CPU - such as memory, DevSkyOps, etc.

I've been using the solution for two and a half to three years or so. It's been a while.

The stability so far has been very good. We haven't witnessed any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable for the most part.

The solution can't seem to successfully handle large amounts of data. If you have too much information, or you try to execute too many tasks at once, the system slows down by quite a bit.

I'm not sure of how many of our staff are actually on the system or have access to it at this time.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. They're good. We're satisfied with the level of service we're provided. They seem to be knowledgeable and helpful.

We've found the initial setup to not be overly complex. It's pretty straightforward. We didn't face any issues or roadblocks.

We have an internal team that handles maintenance.

The pricing of the product is fair. It's not exorbitantly expensive. We believe it to be quite reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We integrate this solution for our clients. I'm not sure if we have a specific business arrangement with the solution, however.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations. It's a good tool, for the most part. For billing and invoicing for class optimization, and tasks like that, it's quite useful.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher, were it not for the performance issues we've experienced when dealing with bigger amounts of data.

More CloudCheckr CMx High Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Azure Cost Management
Find out what your peers are saying about CloudCheckr, VMware, Amazon and others in Cloud Management. Updated: August 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.