CloudCheckr Cloud Management Platform Review

Enterprise-grade solution for cloud optimization that offers excellent support

What is our primary use case?

We give it away free to all our partners and our primary use is for optimization.

What needs improvement?

The cost model was a bit confusing but that might because of the way we position it. We're trying to give it away for free and there's some confusion around the pricing model. It's not that it's too expensive. We give it away for free to our partners. We're a distributor and our partners are resellers around the world. There are two models, there is a premium and a standard. We give the standard away for free. Onboarding could be a lot smoother.

Self-healing could be a bit smoother and a bit cleaner, easier to access and more functional. That would help.

I have been using CloudCheckr for six months.

In terms of the stability, there are a few teething problems, but generally, the feedback's really good. It's a great product. It provides a lot more, over and above, as a cost center. It seems like a more enterprise-grade solution for cloud optimization, cost optimization over Azure Cost Management.

We have 3,000 partners. Those partners can have hundreds and thousands of customers of their own and our partners use it to manage their customer base. We are planning to increase the usage so that everybody at Ingram will be using it.

We have a team here at Ingram who have been aligned to CloudCheckr. This team has close ties with CloudCheckr. The support's really good. Every time we deploy it we get a demo from CloudCheckr. They show the partner each of the menus, how they work, what they're for, why you would use them and all of those kinds of things. It's really good.

Ingram Micro has its own Cloud Marketplace for our customers. We have our own billing methodology built into that. Our partners who are using Azure and AWS would use their tools, Azure Cost Management, out of the box. We are moving customers away from that. Now, Microsoft is moving that model to CSP partners as well. That's why I'm looking at the comparisons to see which is better.

We have a CloudCheckr team that does training every time we give it away to a new partner who is using Azure or AWS. We have an onboarding form and we will give a form to our reseller, our customer. They'll fill that form and come back to us and then they'll be set up by Ingram Micro Cloud Team.

I'm trying to do a comparison between CloudCheckr and Azure Cost Management.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution would be to do it fast and do it now. It's one of the leading players for cloud optimization. It's hard to find anything better.

I would rate it an eleven out of ten. It's a great product.