Cloudera DataFlow Review

A scalable and robust platform for analyzing data

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for sentimental analysis and fraud detection. We also use it to analyze product royalties.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very scalable and robust. It doesn't involve much coding — which is nice.

What needs improvement?

Although its workflow is pretty neat, it still requires a lot of transformation coding; especially when it comes to Python and other demanding programming languages. It should be more like other solutions that don't require that much coding.

I have been working with Cloudera DataFlow for more than six years.

This solution is both quite scalable and stable.

The technical support is fair. It's not amazing, but it's good. Sometimes they take a while to respond. Often, I'll just look to Google for the solution rather than wait on the phone.

What other advice do I have?

If you're interested in using this solution, first perform some return on investment analysis to make sure that this platform is mature enough for your requirements.

Compare it with some other solutions first and determine which solution is best. It really comes down to your company's needs and what features you require.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Cloudera DataFlow a rating of eight.

Find out what your peers are saying about Cloudera, VMware, Databricks and others in Streaming Analytics. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.