Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop Review

It has fairly matured tools like Cloudera Navigator and Cloudera Manager, but it is lacking Spark SQL support.

Valuable Features:

The features I find most valuable are--

• Enterprise security features (authentication, authorization, data governance, and data protection)
  • Proactive support
  • Training

Improvements to My Organization:

• Providing robust infrastructure
  • Fairly matured tools like Cloudera Navigator, Cloudera Manager, etc.
  • Professional support enabled us to provide great customer service
  • Our clients are able to perform proactive maintenance in an efficient manner

Room for Improvement:

Spark with R integration is missing. Also, it is lacking Spark SQL support.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for over eight months.

Deployment Issues:

We faced issues in deploying Azure with Cloudera. Our machine hard disks were getting corrupted whenever we used to get patches on weekends. Now these have been resolved.

They offer excellent support.

Initial Setup:

It was complex because we were doing first time deployment of Cloudera on Azure. Also complexity was high due to lot of security features.

Implementation Team:

We are Big Data consultants, so we implement it.

Other Solutions Considered:

Cloudera is a leader in providing distributions for Hadoop so it was no brainer for us to decide.

Other Advice:

There were initial hiccups when deploying Cloudera on Azure but now this combo is working fine in production, so you can go for it.

5.4.4
More Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle NoSQL
Find out what your peers are saying about Cloudera, IBM, Amazon and others in Hadoop. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.