Cloudflare Review

It allows us to deploy websites using less hardware but more insight into analytics and threats would be a good.

What is most valuable?

The aggressive caching and DDOS mitigation are the most valuable features offered by Cloudflare. Website traffic analytics and threat insights are also very useful.

How has it helped my organization?

Utilizing Cloudflare allows us to deploy websites using less hardware due to their caching and helps us serve pages to our customers more quickly and efficiently.

What needs improvement?

More insight into analytics and threats would be a good place to start improving cloudflare. Also less 501 and 504 errors would be good too.

I've used Cloudflare since 2012 and am currently using the latest version. I've utilized it with several different websites successfully.

No issues encountered.

Only the occasional network issues, some in 2013, where all Cloudflare customers were affected, but much less lately.

No issues encountered.

Good, as the few times I've required customer service, it was more technical but they were always helpful in directing me to the people I needed to speak to.

Excellent. The representatives are knowledgeable and online documentation is great.

Cloudflare was the first service of this type I've used.

It was very easy to get setup on Cloudflare. They have made it even easier recently, and all that needs to be done is to enter your DNS records into their interface and the configuration is done.

We implemented it in-house.

Setup cost was zero and currently we are using the $20 a month plan. I've used the business tier in the past which costs $200 a month.

I don't know of other vendors who offer a comparable service.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that you use it. It has been very useful and well worth the cost to me over the last three years.