What is our primary use case?
We have dozens of domains worldwide, over many registrars. I needed to consolidate settings and have high performance everywhere.
How has it helped my organization?
Great performance, easy configuration. I can create limited access accounts for my web developers.
What is most valuable?
- Outstanding support
- The ability to restore from changes
- GeoDNS is so important to an international presence
- Speed: Speed is everything in e-commerce.
- I get notification emails when changes are made.
What needs improvement?
- I'd say that it would be nice if changes were possible on more than one record at a time, perhaps the changed records could change color or be rendered in boldface or just show a "not saved" per record.
- The email for each line change is excessive, perhaps if the change emails consolidated all changes per domain in a given hour.
- The stats are nice but deep. I'd like to be able to consolidate the 'www' with the "naked" domain stats.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
Seems to be highly stable. I've only used it for a year, so time will tell.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Seems to be highly scalable. Haven't hit any limits yet.
How are customer service and technical support?
They were able to resolve a baffling problem where one foreign registrar just plainly refused to allow me to use Cloudfloor services.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
No, just the standard registrar supplied solution, that and Zoneedit which I used because it was free.
How was the initial setup?
Easy if you give it your full attention.
What about the implementation team?
Just did it myself. I moved the domains over, a few at a time.
What was our ROI?
Impossible to quantify, sorry.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Just Zoneedit, but I needed a more personalized support.
What other advice do I have?
Take your time to learn how this is different from anything you've used before.