Cloudian HyperStore Review

Scalability, Amazon S3 compatibility allow us to move back and forth with a hybrid cloud

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for video surveillance. Performance has been great.

How has it helped my organization?

It's easy to manage. It doesn't require a lot of administration. It will let us grow.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are its scalability and Amazon S3 compatibility because we can move back and forth with a hybrid cloud.

What needs improvement?

I'm really pretty satisfied with it. I suppose the cost could always be lower and they should continue to add the latest Amazon S3 features.

Stability has been great.

Scalability is excellent.

Support is very good.

We were using something else. It was not working well and it would not scale well.

Our most important criteria when selecting a vendor include a good technical solution, that is probably number one; good financial backing is probably number two. Number three is technical support, excellent technical support.

I was not involved with the initial setup, my team was, but they got it up and going very quickly.

Scality, SwiftStack, and Cloudian. We chose Cloudian because we should get the best.

What other advice do I have?

It has met all of our expectations. Buy it, you'll like it.