CloudLock Review

Screens sensitive data but it should be a bigger part of an end-user device

What is our primary use case?

We use it for monitoring between on-prem and cloud. It makes sure that before we use the cloud that it will have the data to help the environment as much as possible. Between on-prem and cloud, you have CloudLock technologies that help to screen all the centrifuge and optimize some of the content.

What is most valuable?

I like CloudLock because when data gets sent out, I do not want it to get out of the environment. In today's world, a lot of users will remotely use the application. It screens all of the sensitive data. That data will really be as part of the environment that you do not want it to be part of. CloudLock is protection for sensitive data.

What needs improvement?

The only improvement is that it has to be a bigger part of an end-user device. It should look at how endpoints appear on the EDR rather than creating an API to integrate into the agent app which need additional development effort. We have to integrate the source code into the system endpoint and make it as part of the connected app.

I have been using CloudLock for two years.

They have it so that you can have a certain number of users. It's not very suitable for a very large enterprise. You also need to have a minimum of 200 users.

It's easy to set up if you're familiar with it but it's not so straightforward. The engineers have to study a lot in order to get it right.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CloudLock a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, McAfee, Netskope and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.