Codar Review

It helps us speed up the development process. It's highly complex in setting up correctly.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature of Codar is the ability to provide us with faster application releases.

Improvements to My Organization

It's helped us with moving away from doing everything manually and from a siloed way of thinking. Previously, it would take four months to make a small change in our application. Codar helps us speed up the development process.

Room for Improvement

Codar works well enough, but it's highly complex in setting up correctly. It really requires a lot of expertise in order to make sure it's implemented and configured properly. Otherwise, it doesn't do what it's supposed to do, which is to make our application releases much faster.

Use of Solution

Well we are using it for deploying applications, so we are actually looking at CSI, Codar, and HP Propel so that users can order new, full-stack test environments, including infrastructure applications.

We have no issues deploying it.

We only have good things to say about it. It's stable.

We've started small and haven't needed to scale yet.

I don't have any contact with technical support myself, but I haven't heard anything negative.

It's pretty complex, though it could be because of our own applications. We have legacy, monolithic systems that we're trying to deploy automatically with Codar.

Other Solutions Considered

I'm not sure if we considered other solutions because I came in pretty late in the game.