Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

What is most valuable?

Restores are amazing and almost fun to do - ransomware is a thing of the past with Crashplan. We don't worry about if a machine is worth backing up anymore or needing to assess the value of its data, it's a yes answer now.

How has it helped my organization?

Crashplan allows us to use our own storage and as much of it as we want, so it's basically a set it and forget it platform for backup. No longer are we assessing the value of the data on each machine to decide if it should be backed up, we just drop the agent and let it go, we've got plenty of back-end storage.

What needs improvement?

I don't really have any suggestions for improvement, this is a great platform. If anything, make integrating cloud storage a little bit easier - I'd love to be able to choose the close I'm going to push to, but it's hard to find instructions for doing that.

We've been using PROe for four years now.

No issues, though we started with Crashplan Home, then went Pro, then went PROe before we found our niche. We've been on PROe now for almost 4 years.

We've had an issue every once in a while with upgrades, but a quick email to support has always fixed it. Those guys know their software backwards and forwards.

No scalability issues, though our install is one server, one storage backend, and a small environment. We had our own storage and server ready, so nothing major was encountered.

Absolutely fantastic, A++++ Would buy from again! ;) I don't really have anything else to say other than these guys are great, but this has to be 120 characters.

I can't say enough about these guys, they know their software and they are more than willing to share and explain what happened to cause issues and how to fully resolve them. These guys are amazing!

We have three solutions in place, Crashplan is one of them. Crashplan is our 'anything and everything' solution, for any system that is non-critical or just probably should be backed up. We use another appliance-based system for critical backups and pushes those off to a cloud service, and then we use another dedicated system that shares the Crashplan storage for virtual servers.

It was very simple and straightforward, though we did end up using all three versions before we found the right one. Home, Pro, and PROe - we're on PROe now. It was a case of we wanted more features, not complexity issues.

We used our own expertise in-house to install it, no issues were experienced, though our storage is from a network share and Crashplan did not want to backup to a NAS, so we had to trick it by mapping the CP storage as iSCSI and giving it to CP as a drive letter instead. Has worked perfect ever since.

No data lost to ransomware in 4 years. Can't put a price on that. Got hit with CryptoTesla on a business office share two weeks ago - 3 clicks and 20 minutes later, no data lost.

I don't really have much to say there, it's pretty straightforward. They list it on their website, though they did change the licensing model about two years ago and made it a little more complex/simple. I liked it the old way, but now I like it the new way. Go figure.

Yes, and we still use other systems for other purposes. Crashplan was purchased to fill a gap that the others weren't right for.

What other advice do I have?

If you have the storage space available and a need to back up multiple machines, Crashplan is a no-brainer almost.

More Code42 Next-Gen DLP reviews from users