Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

Helpful when migrating users from one machine to another, but there's no support for multi-user environments.

What is most valuable?

Back up restore has been very helpful when migrating users from one machine to another or when data base corrupted or become infected.

How has it helped my organization?

This allows up to prep computers and pull up to date data directly from the user's cloud backup onto their new machine to make transitions virtually seamless. This also has saved numerous user's data when they have inadvertently downloaded viruses or malware.

What needs improvement?

Multi user environments are not currently supported and has been an inconvenience on several occasions.

One year 6 months

No, the engineers we worked with assisted in creating batch files to assist with the install.

We have not encountered any major issues with stability

At the moment we have no had any issues with scalability. Whenever we hit a wall due to all licenses being used it is easy to purge any residual termination accounts from cold storage or pick up the phone and work with Code 42 to order more licenses.

n/a

It was a little complex but with the assistance of the code 42 engineers things were very smooth.

in-house

Yes we did.

What other advice do I have?

This product is great for data recovery. There have been several times that CrashPlan has saved us from data loss due to viral, malware attacks. A year ago the cryptolocker virus was running pretty rampant and any time it got into a machine we were always able to wipe it clean and restore without issues. If Code42 can figure out the multi-user environment issue this product would be hands down a must have.

1 Comment
author avatarCommunications at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees

Good news! Code42's latest release provides for multi-user support. Details here: https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/Latest/Configuring/Separately_Backing_Up_Multiple_User_Accounts_On_One_Device#Considerations_For_Per-User_Installations