Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

It's proven to be a backup and restore solution that's unobtrusive, but they could reduce the price.

Valuable Features:

The mobile app allows my users to access files from their laptops, even when DR is not needed.

Room for Improvement:

They could always reduce the price.

Use of Solution:

3+ years

Deployment Issues:

We use JAMF and KACE to deploy. There have been no deployment issues.

Customer service from Code42 is top notch. I recently had one of their employees call me on his day off to check on an open case!

Previous Solutions:

Yes, we used Carbonite. The product seemed to back up our files OK, but when it came time to restore, we were unimpressed. The restore was limited to 18GB per day. NO good when the VP has 600+GB to restore.

Initial Setup:

Setup could not have been much easier.

Other Advice:

Computer users do not back up their files. Or they back them up on external hard drives that they keep in the laptop bag. When bad things happen, they can't retrieve them. CrashPlan solves that problem. CrashPlan has proven to be a backup AND restore solution when other solutions were only "good" at backing up. Restore? Not a priority with other "solutions."

CrashPlan allows my employees to think about business, not whether their files are backed up. CrashPlan has proven to be reliable and unobtrusive to the user experience. We have had minimal issues and nothing significant.