Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

The back-up process does not slow down systems because of a file scan-and-sync.

Valuable Features:

The CrashPlan PROe client app's ability to provide continuous, real-time backups by monitoring the file system allows data to be safeguarded almost immediately after it has been saved to the disk. The speed and efficiency allows my users to remain backed-up without having to think about how it is being done, or complain their system is running slow because of a file scan and sync.

Improvements to My Organization:

On several occasions staff members have had to open up CrashPlan PROe, log in and begin restoring files. There are numerous scenarios where this has happened. A keynote deck went missing, possibly trashed by accident, and it was recovered. A user had their laptop stolen and had to get back up and running on a new one right away: they fired up CrashPlan, selected the last backup of their missing laptop and restored everything to the original locations. I even used CrashPlan to recreate a system error I was researching by restoring the problem files after I had addressed them.

Use of Solution:

2+ years