Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

I can now have my help desk workers restore files instead of those tickets coming to me. The unlimited backup has helped us restore files when users forget to tell us they are missing.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use interface
  • Easy to install the clients
  • Easy updates
  • Unlimited storage in the cloud
  • The choice to use the cloud or onsite storage is nice

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Integrate an antivirus into the client would be the only thing I could suggest as an improvement of this product.

3-5 years

The deployment went smoothly from the start. The install was easy to do and we even integrated this into our AD so we can use our domain logins.

We had one server that has tendency to make the client stop, but usually fixes itself if you give it a few hours. This server also has a lot of changes to the files being backed up, so that could be the issue.

We started off with a few more licenses than we needed so we would not need to buy anymore licenses for a while. It was cheaper to just get them upfront.

I have had to contact them several times on small issues and they have been quick to respond and help out. I don't even think I have had to be transferred to another tech when I call support.

Top notch. I have not had an issue with them helping me or getting back to me on my support issues. Most tickets I put in they answer within a few hours.

The reason for us moving over to CrashPlan was cost and retention. We saved the company $6000 a year using CrashPlan and no more "surprise, you are out of space" messages.

It was straightforward on the setup. We did have their professional services group help us with the install, but it did not take them that long to set it up and was around $500, which I did not think was a bad deal.

For the main server, we used Code42's professional services team and they were great to work with. The rest we did in-house.

Not sure how to measure this really. We save $6000 per year over what we used to use for our backup solution. With CrashPlan, we don't have any onsite equipment to maintain other than the virtual box we use as the main login server.

We did our licensing based on per user. This has been great for us because we can just add more licenses if we need to.

No, we did not evaluate other options because it was either this product or our existing product. CrashPlan won by a mile.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a new backup solution, give them a shot. It will be well worth your time to evaluate this product.