Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

It just backs up on a set schedule and can be throttled so that it does not use a lot of bandwidth.

Valuable Features

I love the ability to integrate it into LDAP. The ease of use for deployment of the application to a laptop and or desktop is seamless. The dashboard is very easy to use and has useful information right on the main page.

Improvements to My Organization

Low overhead of the desktop application. I love the fact that it just backs up on a set schedule and can be throttled so that it does not use a lot of bandwidth.

Room for Improvement

Not available for iPads yet. As we have users that only have iPads their data is not able to be backed up at this time. Have to resort to using iCloud.

Use of Solution

We have been using this for over 6 months.

Setup was flawless. We turned up our server on a Ubuntu Server to allow low overhead and stability. Had some issues getting it tied to LDAP in the beginning however that was quickly resolved.

We have had no issues with stability since our initial trial and since it's in production. Upgrades to the newer versions were seamless and very little downtime.

We did not have any issues yet in scaling. We have 50 users here and have had no problems at all. As for scaling it up or out we have not added to our License yet to add more users but its on the road map.

Customer service is amazing with Code42. Everyone is very willing to help and is very professional. They take pride in their product and see this as a value. There was virtually no hold time when contacting customer service at all.

Technical support is amazing. They are always there and whether I am using email or picking up the phone, they were there. Tech support was/is very professional and extremely knowledgeable. They take pride in their product

We did not have any solutions to compare to and chose Code42 because it just works. It is a wonderful relief to know that user data can be backed up to or restored from the cloud from anywhere there is an internet connection.

Setup was a breeze. The documentation was very straight forward and if you just follow the steps it just worked. I was concerned that most companies do not lean towards using Linux however they do.

Implementation Team

I installed and configured the server and deployment on my own. I did not feel the need to contract someone out to do this install. If I was to have any issues I felt comfortable knowing that I could just pick up the phone and ask for assistance.

ROI

The ROI is priceless. Having the ability to restore data with very little downtime is hard to put a pricetag on. Knowing that a users data can be backed up to or restored from the cloud from anywhere there is an internet connection.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing and licensing is pretty straight forward. You get what you pay for. I feel that everyone should be using and or at least testing this product before the purchase. They let you know what the benefits are for using the cloud vs. a hybrid solution.

Other Solutions Considered

We did not look at any other vendors. They gave us a trial and we even got it extended due to not having enough cycles to put it thru its paces. They let you know what the benefits are for using the cloud vs a hybrid solution.

Other Advice

I love the Unlimited Retention. I like the ability to throttle the backups so if you are on limited or metered bandwidth its not an issue.