Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

We're able to backup devices even when they don't come into the office on a regular basis.

What is most valuable?

Being able to backup devices even when they don't come into the office on a regular basis. We can still monitor and know they are backed up.

How has it helped my organization?

IT spends less time monitoring and fixing backups and more time on other issues. We just check the dashboard once in awhile to make sure everything is still working as it should.

What needs improvement?

I would love to have an app on my phone to give me status updates on the backup system and push me notifications if something goes offline or has an issue so I wouldn't have to go look at the dashboard as much.

3 years. The first 2 years on the public cloud and least year using the private cloud option.

Deployment was a little slow due to the number of servers we needed but we were able to reuse existing servers and storage.

The product has been very stable and once we were running has been largely trouble free after the installation was completed.

We started off with 130 users and now are at 141. We add storage as we want to keep archives longer. It has been very easy to scale and add licenses as needed.

Customer service has been great with getting our license codes and getting up and running. Other than that we haven't had much contact with customer service, everything just works.

I haven't needed technical support from Crashplan as the system has been so reliable. I do sometimes lookup information in the knowledge base for guidance. They could make the installation documentation a little easier to follow.

Yes, we used Retrospect and we switched because Retrospect couldn't backup when computers were out of the office, and the system would frequently freeze and stop backing up devices and we would just have to delete and restart the backup.

It was a little complex due to our having 9 offices and a central console to manage all the sites. But we were able to work through it and it was worth it.

We used our own in-house team to deploy the product. Each member of the team took a couple of sites and we were up and running within two months and that was with all of our regular work and chasing down users to install the client and establish the backup.

Almost instant. Crash plan had the same annual cost as our Retrospect system and we were able to use existing hardware and storage. Once the deployment was done we had immediate time savings and reliability improvements.

The pricing model is fine and with the latest version they make it easy to add licenses as the company grows. I would like to see discounts as number of users increase to keep costs down.

Yes, we looked at BackBlaze, upgrades to Retrospect, TimeMachine, and several other solutions. Nothing I found did as much, worked cross platform, worked while mobile, allowed me to use my existing hardware and fell in at the same price point.

What other advice do I have?

It is worthwhile for any IT environment to deploy this solution. I haven't seen any environment where it wouldn't be beneficial.