Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

Valuable Features

The ability to restore files from a specific date and time is the feature that I like the best. The software de-duplicates so we are able to store multiple versions without taking much more space.

Improvements to My Organization

With this software I have been able to easily restore files from several months ago that have since been changed. This is very helpful if the client changes their mind and wants to go back to a previous design and we forgot to save a copy of it before modifying the design.

Room for Improvement

The support documents, although very thorough - can take a long time to readthrough. I would often prefer a simplified version

Use of Solution

Over 3 years.

The Crashplan support team was able to get us up and running very quickly. I didn't have any trouble with the initial deployment.

There are some key settings to increase the amount of memory that Crashplan can utilize that will help with stability. Also the frequency that you scan files.

We have not encountered any scalability issues with our installation. It is capable of way more than we are asking of it.

The purchasing process was very pleasant. All of my questions were answered. There were no surprises. Everyone that I have dealt with has been very courteous.

I normally have great experiences with technical support. When you can get a support person to look at your log files, you can typically solve the problem pretty quickly. Most of the problems that i have encountered have been caused by drive failures.

Tape backups were taking too long. They were not reliable. We were not able to restore files quickly. We didn't have the version history that we desired.

I have configured Crashplan at my home without any trouble at all. At work, I enlisted the support team to help me configure our setup because I needed to be sure it was done correctly. They saved me a bunch of time

Implementation Team

I implemented Crashplan Pro E with the help of the Code42 support team. Their experience was exceptional. I remember telling everyone that would listen how great the software was.

ROI

This is a strange question. This software is much less expensive than all others that I considered. Because we are using Crashplan, I have been able to restore data that would have cost a fortune to recreate.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Ok, this is getting silly. Why so many questions? They can do their own research on pricing. For me, the pricing was reasonable and the licensing was acceptable.

Other Solutions Considered

I used Metiix previously. It was essentially rebranded Crashplan software. It was effective much more expensive.

Other Advice

Compared to all other backup solutions that I have encountered, Crashplan is a pleasure to use. It is very simple, yet very powerful. Stop reading these reviews and try it for yourself. You won't be sorry.