Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

We're able to change settings on the fly and push them to the remote end user immediately.

Valuable Features

Set it and forget it, remote dashboard, remote configuration.

The ability to change settings on the fly and push them to the remote end user immediately. Allows multiple configuration groups or child organizations for backup settings. Each set independently of the parent organization.

Improvements to My Organization

Remote users had external hard drives and used the windows file/ image backup. The user had to be involved in the setup and maintenance of the backup. There was no way to centrally monitor the backups or even what files were being backed up.

Room for Improvement

Admin notification of changes made by end users. Logs of who made the change to configuration and when.

Dashboard overview to include what devices aren't at 90% or above complete.

The GUI doesn't always show the most current settings upon opening a screen.

Use of Solution

3 months

We had to do some digging to find a link that could be embedded into finding a link for the software download.The

Only issues were settings that seemed to change on their own. This was caused by the GUI not always presenting the actual current configuration. he

No issues with scalability. I have changed several backups to include more and larger files. The only issue is the time to get the backup completed. Most of this is on our end because of a limited internet bandwidth connection.

Customer service has been great. When setting up child organizations the first time I moved my profile to a lower child organization. Had to get tech support involved to move me back up. This

Customer support is technical support as far as I have noticed. The only time I had to be routed to someone else was a rights issue. Chat function is very quick way to get a problem solved. Always got a native English speaking person. Very advance notice of any outages and in depth explanation of what functions will be affected.

We used backup exec ans the windows embedded backup software. Neither of these offered an truly cloud backup. It always required someone to carry the backups offsite.

Both of these were very hard to centrally manage for remote users that don't get to the home office often.

A dedicated customer engineer was assigned to us for the initial setup. He was very knowledgeable of the entire product. He basically walked me through the setup of the organization and configurations. He was willing to take as much time as was needed to set us up.

Implementation Team

We implemented through an in-house team. Documentation was created for the remote installs that included screen shots and embedded links for software downloads.

ROI

ROI was immediate since we didn't have any way to monitor remote users backups. was able to recover accidentally deleted files within the first week. The files would have taken days to recreate at a significant man hour expenditure.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The minimum of 50 users seems to exclude a lot of small companies that could truly use this type of backup. I'm guessing these companies could still use the "personal" version but wouldn't get the central dashboard function.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at several different cloud based backups. There is a n article about the 5 best cloud based backups for nonprofits that helped with the decision.

Other Advice

It seems the best pricing can be gotten at the end of the quarter. But I think that is the same with any sales organization.