Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

It is a set it and forget it application that administrators don't even notice running on their computers.

What is most valuable?

CrashPlan is a set it and forget it application that administrators don't even notice running on their computers. They know it is but in the background and from anywhere...what's not to love.

How has it helped my organization?

Restoring files to admin machines and file servers are not a concern thanks to CrashPlan. CrashPlan is a set it and forget it application that administrators don't even notice running on their computers. ...what's not to love.

What needs improvement?

Upgrade process a bit time consuming, but worth the time. Once you have the backup strategy working you don't really need to touch anything. Once in a while a client will lose contact. We have not figured out why. However, the backup usually kicks back in the next day without touching the client.

4 years +

No. We were noobies and were able to implement on our two campuses without issue. CrashPlan support is awesome and helped us iron out connectivity wrinkles.

No. We were noobies and were able to implement on our two campuses without issue. CrashPlan support is awesome and helped us. We are so very thankful for the stability and reliability that Code42's CrashPlan offers us.

No. We are a small organization. We have two campuses about a mile from each other. We implemented one campus and then moved to the other. We encountered no issues adding servers and administrator computers to the organizations presence on CrashPlan's servers.

We were noobies and were able to implement on our two campuses without issue. CrashPlan support is awesome and helped us. We are so very thankful for the stability and reliability that Code42's CrashPlan offers us. The Customer support offered is outstanding. I would rate the customer support a 10 out of 10!!!!

We were noobies and were able to implement on our two campuses without issue. CrashPlan support is awesome and helped us. We are so very thankful for the stability and reliability that Code42's CrashPlan offers us. The Customer support offered is outstanding. I would rate the technical support a 10 out of 10!!!!

We used Symantec Back Up Exec. It was cumbersome to navigate. We have no tapes or hard disk back ups on campus any longer. We've moved to Code 42's CrashPlan for file servers, media servers, administrator laptops.

The initial set up was smooth. As mentioned, we were noobies and were able to implement on our two campuses without issue. Set up / installation was simple. We are a small staff and the network was easy for us.

We have an in-house team. Our level of expertise is higher now that we've worked with CrashPlan employees and understand the rationale behind the way the product is supposed to and intended to function.

I would advise all companies and institutions to purchase a few more licenses than you think you'll need. The licenses are inexpensive. Have a good inventory of what you plan to protect.

We moved away from a local disk and tape backup solution to Code42's CrashPlan. I looked at other cloud storage outfits and CrashPlan is the most personal and friendly company to work with. They are also one of the least expensive.

What other advice do I have?

More Code42 Next-Gen DLP reviews from users