Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

How has it helped my organization?

Completely changed our legal hold process from pulling drives and locking them in safes to a few clicks and has no impact for the user and on IT. Legal can handle this all on their own.

We have been able to go to a self-service model for refreshes. Users can now pull their own data and only pull what they need.

What is most valuable?

1. Security tools: Being able to monitor data going in and coming off our endpoints. Seeing what it is and where it's going is awesome.
  2. Legal hold: Giving us the ability to have an easy to use solution for doing legal holds is amazing. It saves us so much time and money for IT and the users.

What needs improvement?

Reporting could use an overhaul. It is very limited. Adding in more commonly requested reports. They can provide you with the reporting you need, but then it's in Excel files and you lose the single dashboard for your data.

No issues.

No issues.

Customer service is awesome. I have had a couple tickets with them. They are very knowledgeable and responsive.

No, we did not.

Initial setup was very easy and we worked with professional services, so they handled 99% of it. We went to backup everything, excluded stuff we knew we didn't need, then fine tuned it more as we went along.

We used Code42 to implement and they were awesome. They knew the solution very well and helped with customizing to fit our needs

The amount of time spent on recreating data from a lost/stolen or crashed drive is the best piece. Also, with having an electronic solution for a legal hold, we no longer need to pull and store drives for legal reasons.

Speak with your sales rep and SE. They are honest and straightforward with everything. They were the best solution and surprisingly enough, the cheapest. I couldn't believe that and was blown away with how they came in way lower than their competition.

Competitive endpoint security solutions that we also evaluated were Druva and SpiderOak.

What other advice do I have?

This was the best ones that I tested. I loved it then and still love it now. Plan for high network traffic during roll-outs and initial backups. We spread out the backups as much as we could, but used the network locations and throttled different locations based on their bandwidth.