Code42 Backup + Restore Review
We filter out certain file types, and throttle both to a percentage of CPU and to network throughput.

What is most valuable?

We use CrashPlan for PC and Macintosh end-point backup. We filter out certain file types. We throttle both to a percentage of CPU and to network throughput.

How has it helped my organization?

We have confidence that any files stored on a PC or a Mac for any length of time will be backed up and available to be restored.

What needs improvement?

If you install the home user version of CrashPlan, you will need to uninstall it before you are able to install the pro version. This only matters if you install the wrong version the first time.

I have used it for four or five years.

We did not encounter any issues with our deployment.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

The level of customer service is very high. There is an on-line community if I need technical help, and the interface is very easy to use.

I have not needed technical support.

We did not previously use a different solution, and we did not switch.

Initial setup was straightforward. Download the software. Run the software. Configure the software. Let the backup run.

An in-house team implemented it. It is just not that difficult.

What is our ROI? Our ROI is the peace of mind that we can restore our files if we need to do so.

Decide whether you need a certain number of user licenses or a certain amount of storage.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options. This is the one we looked at.

1 visitor found this review helpful