Cohesity DataProtect Review

Centralized interface is simple to navigate, reduces storage space and related costs

What is our primary use case?

We are the largest organization in Europe and have 10,000 servers in-house being protected by Cohesity. We use several solutions including Archive, DR, SAP, Oracle, VMware, and others.

Our business thrives on Cohesity storage. Cohesity makes data management as simple as Sign Up, Connect, and Protect through new SaaS offerings for backup and disaster recovery.

We have been testing DataProtect delivered as a service for some time, and we very pleased with its performance. The UI is simple to navigate, and data ingestion and retrieval have been a snap.

How has it helped my organization?

Before Cohesity, we were mostly de-centralized in operations. After implementing it, our operations are now managed in a single pane of glass.

We have achieved a single source of operation and observation for backups. Every team has a stake in operations, and policy management helps to delegate the proper roles.

The storage costs and storage area occupied are now reduced dramatically.

What is most valuable?

We are using almost all of the features available in Cohesity today.

Our favorite feature is DataProtect but there are many good features that are part of the DataPlatform.

We use Cohesity to eliminate mass data fragmentation by consolidating our silos onto a single, easy-to-manage software-defined platform that is managed using a single pane of glass.

The dashboard is very rich and provides details needed for a moderator.

What needs improvement?

Cohesity needs more hardening, in terms of stability. From our experience, we noticed gaps in the product function and the solution guides/documents. Better documentation is needed because the lack of information has necessitated having our team depend more heavily on Cohesity support. We need to have a more self-sufficient system.

More automation is needed for easier management.

We have been using Cohesity DataProtect for the past four years.

Stability-wise, Cohesity is moderate and needs more hardening.

We found scaling Cohesity to be very challenging.

The product team and Cohesity representatives are always reachable and fill the gaps that are not available in the documentation.

Prior to using Cohesity, we were using Agility Data Backup and Recovery.

We are moving to Cohesity by migrating existing backup/storage solutions. We switched because were not confident in delivering backup solutions and managing SLAs.

The pricing model is impressive and very effective.

Prior to implementing Cohesity, we evaluated solutions by IBM, NetApp, Commvalut, and Rubrik.

6.5.1d
More Cohesity DataProtect reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Rubrik
Learn what your peers think about Cohesity DataProtect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.