Cohesity DataProtect Review

The biggest attraction to the product is its ability to scale up with ease

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution was as a backup and recovery solution, with the ability to handle VMware and a small subset of physical servers.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a rapidly expanding data set that our previous backup solution could not handle and the upgrade path was a complete redesign of hardware and when that solution maxed out, then it was the same over and over again. The biggest attraction to start looking at Cohesity was being able to scale up with ease. After discussing the option and features, it was clear that Cohesity is made to handle things quickly, simply, and with ease.

What is most valuable?

Overall, the simplicity of the solution and the support behind implementation, training, and continued support. The implementation and training are all done through the sales engineer, which provides for a seamless and great experience when it comes to starting with a new vendor.

What needs improvement?

The one drawback of this quick innovation is that their units were shipped with outdated firmware, but this was quickly remedied, and they have made operational changes to reduce the likelihood of sending outdated firmware again.

Less than one year.
More Cohesity DataProtect reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Rubrik
Learn what your peers think about Cohesity DataProtect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.