Cohesity DataProtect Review

Setup was extremely easy from racking to backing up was about one hour

What is our primary use case?

Primary backup of our VMware environment with archiving to the cloud. By archiving to the cloud, we can cut out the need to purchase additional hardware for replication at our DR site.

How has it helped my organization?

Cohesity will reduce the complexity of our backup and recovery system. Our current system requires us to set up and maintain many proxy servers to facilitate the backups. Cohesity does not need this and out performs our current system.

What is most valuable?

Converged system. It makes much more sense to have the backup server running on the same hardware as the storage for backup and recovery. This reduces the complexity of the environment and ensures that it just works.

What needs improvement?

Add the ability to delete View Boxes and External Targets in the GUI. Currently, once you setup a View Box or External Target, there is no way to remove them (if you set these up for testing, for instance).

Still implementing.

No issues.

No issues.

Cohesity customer service is the best that I have ever used. They are extremely fast in responding to cases, fixed all issues, and answered every question in a very timely manner.

Yes, we did. Cohesity out performs our old system at a reduced cost as well.

It was very straightforward.

Vendor team. The vendor's expertise was excellent. They included all the knowledge transfer that we needed to begin using the unit.

Not sure.

Setup was extremely easy from racking to backing up was about one hour.

Yes, we also evaluated Rubrik.

More Cohesity DataProtect reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Rubrik
Learn what your peers think about Cohesity DataProtect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.