Cohesity DataProtect Review

Backups are quick and painless to set up

What is our primary use case?

Replacing our old disk-based backup system with a modern hyperconverged solution. Also, we are saving valuable datacenter rack space, which is critical as we evaluate co-location options.

How has it helped my organization?

Administratively, my staff is relieved at the ease of management and ongoing administration with Cohesity. Backups are quick and painless to set up.

What is most valuable?

• Integration with VMware
  • We are looking forward to the next release, so we can take advantage of the AHV backup for our Nutanix environment.

What needs improvement?

• I thought physical RDM's were supported, but apparently that is not the case.
  • The rack mounting instructions did not appear to be correct, but we were able to overcome it.

Less than one year.

No issues.

No issues.

I have not had to call them yet, but we have heard great things.

We used a previous solution. We switched because the ongoing maintenance costs were growing astronomically, and it was not really built for the virtual datacenter environment.

Super easy!

Vendor team and in-house team together. Our Sales Engineer was awesome.

Unsure at this time.

Ensure that you understand the per TB licensing model. Also, Exchange backups are not native to Cohesity and require Kroll.

We evaluated Rubrik, Commvault, and Veeam.

More Cohesity DataProtect reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Rubrik
Learn what your peers think about Cohesity DataProtect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.