Cohesity DataProtect Review

It has the ability to sync our latest backups to amazon web services for offsite DR

What is our primary use case?

We utilize Cohesity as our backup solution, it provides tiered backup layers of our VMware and physical environment as well as replaces tape storage for archival uses.

How has it helped my organization?

We no longer need to use tape storage, which saves us many hours of effort managing them. Additionally, we have a very responsive environment for recoveries and test/dev.

What is most valuable?

We love the near-instant recovery windows, as well as the ability to sync our latest backups to amazon web services for offsite DR.

What needs improvement?

We don't love the Exchange integration, it works fine but requires a third-party application called Kroll. We'd rather have a built-in solution to manage Exchange messages/DB level restores such as what Veeam provides.

Less than one year.

It's relatively new, but it's growing rapidly, and their support team has been excellent when we've needed them.

Excellent scalability, just add more nodes.

Extremely fast response both to email and phone, very knowledgeable.

We've used multiple solutions in the past, most recently Veeam for VMware backup and doing long-term archiving to tape. We liked the built-in dedupe/compression features of Cohesity, the near-instant recovery, and the cloud archival options.

Fairly straightforward, especially with a VAR assistance.

VAR and a Cohesity rep.

It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for, and it is really an all-in-one solution.

ExaGrid and sticking with Veeam.

6.1
More Cohesity DataProtect reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Rubrik
Learn what your peers think about Cohesity DataProtect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.