Cohesity DataProtect Review

Offers high performance VM restore with a simple and responsive GUI

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for the DataProtect feature in our VMware environment. It is also protecting SQL and Exchange 2013 servers.

We have two clusters that replicate to each other; this process is also very fast.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has given us a three-fold performance increase.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the instant mass restore of VMs. I am able to restore VMs in a few minutes.

The other great thing is the Google search, as it helps a lot and accelerates the restore process.

Apps are very cool too!!

The Cloud Archives are very easy to configure. We are using AWS Glacier.

Fully hydrated Snapshots give you the ability to do incremental forever.

The GUI is simple and very responsive.

This solution is easy to manage. Just a quick look to the dashboard every morning and that's it. You will spend ten minutes, max, of your day on Cohesity.

What needs improvement?

Being able to take a backup of OneDrive and Sharepoint in Office 365 would be great. It is in the Roadmap, but we would like to see it in the next release of this solution.

This solution is only compatible with a limited number of storage arrays, including Pure and Cisco Hyperflex.

The cloud management solution needs a little more development.  Now it is really like the same dashboard than the one you are using locally.  They put some AI in the prediction  of when you will be out of space but I would appreciate more AI to discover malware (but is in the road map for version 6.4 I think)  .

We have been using this solution for six months.

This is a stable solution. It is running by itself.

The scalability of this solution is impressive.

Technical support for this solution is excellent.

Our previous solution which was Quest Rapid Recovery. We switched because of the performance, which is three times better with Cohesity.

The initial setup of this solution was very easy.

Implementation took only a few hours and backups begin the same day it has been physically racked.

We were assisted by the vendor team. The knew what they were doing!

In a few hours, the solution was in production.

Prior to choosing this solution, we evaluated Rubrik and Commvault.

What other advice do I have?

The software is running by itself! It was a very great acquisition for us.

6.3
More Cohesity DataProtect reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Rubrik
Learn what your peers think about Cohesity DataProtect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.