Cohesity Imanis Data Review

Fast, supports both on-premises and cloud, and offers disaster recovery features

What is our primary use case?

I am a cloud service provider and a reseller.

We use this solution for local backup, offsite backup, and disaster recovery.

What is most valuable?

Because we are a managed service, we don't look into it too deeply. We focus more on the different price structures. That would be more for an endpoint user.

If it is a managed service we are less concerned with what software it is and more with the servicing provided.

It's very regimented and fast. It does local backup, cloud backup, long-term coverage, and disaster recovery.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be complex, depending on the environment.

I have been acquainted with Cohesity Imanis Data for two years.

We have many different versions available for our customers.

It's a stable solution. Where things become an issue is dependent on the size of the environment you are working in, and if it's sized properly.

It's a scalable solution. It use-stack works very much like Rubrik.

Like any backup solution, there are only a couple of admins to test it.

I have never contacted technical support. I am not in tech support.

We replaced Veeam with Cohesity Imanis Data. They are a good organization to work with.

The initial setup is based more on the environment and not the software. If the customer is set up properly, has the correct network and infrastructure, then it goes very well.

if the infrastructure is setup up poorly, the initial setup will be more complex.

The software is good, but it all depends on where you are going to use it.

There are two admins to update and maintain this solution.

Cohesity is structured differently than Rubrik in terms of pricing, and Veeam is vice versa. That's where you see a lot of difference in, the way the price is structured.

It's priced properly for the market. It's priced appropriately. People can afford to buy it.

What other advice do I have?

For others who are interested in using this solution, I would recommend sizing it correctly for your environment and choose your third-party vendors wisely. They may try to cut corners to keep the price down by under-sizing it.

It is very important to choose your partner wisely.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Cohesity, EnterpriseDB, Microsoft and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: April 2021.
475,291 professionals have used our research since 2012.