Cohesity Review

Makes it easy to test backups to ensure that they are valid

What is our primary use case?

It is used to backup our VM environment plus the few physical servers we still have.

It is also used to replicate our backups offsite. We have used it several times to spin up a test environment. Cohesity makes it easy to test backups to ensure that they are valid.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to focus on other aspects in IT. No longer does it take several hours to backup a VM or troubleshoot a backup issue.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is very easy to use.

It is also very easy to determine which VMs are being backed up and which ones aren't. This is helpful to make sure nothing is being missed.

What needs improvement?

We are waiting on the AIX agent to be released. We are also waiting for SQL Clustering to go from testing to live.

Support has been great. The response time has been very quick. I have even received responses on the weekend.

We used EMC Data Domain and NetWorker. We switched because of cost, but also because of how hard it is to use EMC products. We do not need separate VMs with Cohesity to back up.

Initial setup was very straightforward. It can be complex if you need to change IP addresses. Hopefully, they improve that in a future release.

We implemented with a Cohesity engineer.

Cohesity came in at the best price. Setup was included and done in half a day.

We evaluated Rubrik as well as Veeam.

1 visitor found this review helpful