Comindware Tracker Review

Allows nontechnical employees to do most of the work themselves, such as forms, rules, and workflows

What is our primary use case?

We use both SharePoint and Comindware Tracker side by side. It replaces SharePoint Designer for non-technical heads of departments and radically improves workflow capabilities of SharePoint. Comindware Tracker allows non-technical users to build  their own workflows and correct them in the course of work, delivers flexibility, and reduces workflow maintenance cost – there’s no more need to engage IT-department, when a head of department realizes that workflow should be adjusted as soon as possible.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past, it took one to two weeks for a capital expenditure request for the whole approval process. Now, it's for two to three days, including all the necessary discussions.

What is most valuable?

• Easy deployment
  • Simple to modify and agile
  • Centralized web portal available via any desktop or mobile browser
  • Good customer service and technical support

What needs improvement?

It would be wonderful to have preintegration with more third party web services, in addition to MS Outlook and SharePoint. Comindware has already added this request to their road map.

Three to five years.

After your workflow is up and running, it's good. No problems.

No issues.

Customer service is very good. They respond quickly and treat your case with care.

It is also good. The support guys know the product and resolve common questions quickly. However, if you have a not so common issue, it might take time to get a final solution.

Previously, we used MS SharePoint and it was taking too much time to design and implement every new process. Comindware Tracker allows nontechnical employees to do most of the work themselves, such as forms, rules, and workflows. With Comindware Tracker, you can begin and move ahead at low costs.

Comindware Tracker is a cloud-based product, so initial setup is very easy. Some complex things come if you need integrations, but the Comindware team helps.

The first deployment steps were executed by the Comindware team. We were viewing and learning, and pretty quickly we increased our participation. Now, we maintain and handle Comindware Tracker ourselves. Sometimes, we contact Comindware technical support.

It got evidently easier and quicker to build and run new workflows. There’s no more need to have dedicated employees for this work.

Setup cost is comparably low. Price per user and it's good value for money. Licensing is simple, you choose between two options depending on your needs.

ProcessMaker and KISSFLOW.

What other advice do I have?

It is very intuitive and easy to use. Integration with MS Outlook and SharePoint are done through a wizard. If you need other integration scenarios, it will take more time and effort to implement it via the open Comindware Tracker API.