Commvault Active Copy Management Review

Good technical support, has a helpful implementation team, and offers many capabilities

What is our primary use case?

The solution has multiple use cases. One primary example is using it for creating a secondary copy for disaster recovery, DR, types of events.

What is most valuable?

The product's technical support is very good. They are very strong. Our POC was quite successful due to the help of technical support. They were very knowledgeable and responsive.

The solution has a lot of capabilities that address different company needs.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be offered at a better price. What I keep on hearing from our pre-sales and sales team is that there are competitive products, which are doing great on the commercial trends. If their pricing proves to be much higher in comparison than these, it is possible we might leave.

The solution should offer more options. They need to make sure that their features are keeping pace with competitors.

There is more to be done with DR and DR management. Any additional features that could be added on that front would be a great thing.

We started using the solution about six months ago. It hasn't been that long. It's been about half a year or so.

There are more than 15 users on the solution currently.

It's too early to be able to say if we will increase usage at this time. We've only really just started using it.

Technical support is excellent. They are extremely helpful and their assistance helped make our deployment process run as smoothly as it did. We are extremely satisfied with their level of support.

I can't quite recall how long the initial implementation took, however, it is my understanding that it has been weeks.

It was joint work between our team and Commvault.

We currently have four people on our team that handled the deployment and maintenance.

Commvault and its team were a part of the implementation process. They were very helpful and responsive.

The solution is quite high. There are other options on the market that are less expensive. The licensing on offer could be better.

What other advice do I have?

In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been quite happy with the solution overall, even though it is still quite new to us.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies and users. I already have recommended it to a few.

Find out what your peers are saying about Commvault Active Copy Management vs. Delphix and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.