Commvault Review

Easy to use, good speed performance, and the technical support is strong

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for backing up all of these services in the full infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ease of use, the graphical interface, and it's high speed.

The GUI is easy to use.

The compression and deduplication ratios are very good.

What needs improvement?

The price could be lower.

When I compare it with Dell EMC Networker, they have a feature called persistent binding, which means that the backup would be going through the fiber channels instead of the network. Commvault relies on the compression and deduplication ratio, although they could also utilize the fiber channels. Persistent binding is a feature that I would like to see in the next release of Commvault.

I have been using Commvault for more than one year.

I experienced instability only one time, but it was restored.

It's very stable.

It's scalable. That's why it's HyperScale.

We have four administrators in our company who are managing the infrastructure.

Technical support is very strong.

When we made a paradigm shift after moving from the EMC network to Commvault, there is a difference when using both of the products. The other one is powerful but it's more complicated. This one is easier.

It's a Commvault HyperScale model, which is easy to scale.

If you refer back to the manual system, it's straightforward and the architecture is very easy to understand. Implementation is easy.

It's based on a HyperScale with three different nodes running on a RedHat operating system.

The price is not cheap, but when you compare it to the other products they are all almost the same level in terms of price.

If we compare with other products we can recommend Veeam.

Veeam and Commvault are almost the same but Commvault made an announcement EMEA and Commvault now have a fully managed product and they have a backup as a service with unlimited storage.

We are also evaluating Barracuda.

What other advice do I have?

At the moment we are evaluating the additional features in terms of Office 365, backup, and SharePoint to analyze the differences.

Overall, this is a unified solution and it's wonderful.

I would rate Commvault a ten out of ten.

More Commvault reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Commvault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.