Commvault Review

Scales well, but it is expensive and they need better marketing development and support in India

What is our primary use case?

We are a service and solution provider, and we use Commvault to secure our client's data. Our motto of security is to secure the data and using this is very important. We are providing services to commercial and financial companies, so our data is critical.

We have two options for backing up data. We have a DR site, and we can also back it up on-premises.

What needs improvement?

This is a very technical solution that I would like to see Commvault offer customer support and marketing development resources in India. To my understanding, there is no marketing development team in India and we face problems when we speak with Commvault about these things.

When we send a query to Commvault, they take a long time to answer our questions. It can be very difficult to contact the Commvault team. Whenever we try to contact them, we are transferred to other distributors.

We have been using Commvault for the past full year.

Commvault is a stable product.

This solution is scalable, and we have more than 5,000 users that are using SAN services.

We don't require technical support or customer support from Commvault, as we have a dedicated team for the product.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The deployment was done in-house.

We have a dedicated Commvault team of 25 members. We have a test area, where Commvault and other products are tested. We have, for example, the Commvault test cases, data center test cases, computer testing, hyper-converged facilities, and more.

In India, this is a very expensive product.

We have not evaluated other options, as we are focusing on Commvault.

What other advice do I have?

When we first started using Commvault, we had many problems. They were on a daily basis and including things like data access and data loads. At this point, we are no longer facing problems.

This is a product that I might recommend, although it depends on the scenario.

I would rate this solution a four out of ten.

More Commvault reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Commvault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.