Commvault Review

A unique administration platform and interface; its one platform is a key benefit for our customers

What is our primary use case?

We are the most important communications company in Argentina. We deal with a large variety of customers. We are partners of Commvault and I'm the company founder. Our company provides IT solutions.

What is most valuable?

Commvault has a unique administration platform and interfaces, providing backup, archive, reporting and replication features. Commvault has more features than its competitors. Net Backup, for example, doesn't integrate a lot. Commvault has only one platform and this is important for the customer. They don't have a large market share in Argentina but whenever we present it to our customers they like the product and want to do a proof of concept.

What needs improvement?

The product could be easier to implement, they could create a new console to configure the solution. I'd like to see improvements on the user interface, support, pricing, and integration with other solutions. They could also improve their marketing of the brand.

I've been working with this solution for almost seven years.

The stability is good.

The scalability is good.

The initial setup is easy. Deployment time is dependent on the infrastructure of the customer.

What other advice do I have?

This is a relatively new solution for customers in Argentina, so I go to a lot of effort to know the solution well and to present it to our customers. It's not easy but I think that when the customer becomes familiar with the solution, many want to change to it. The stand out aspect of Commvault is that it supports its clients on a unique platform. Whether it's underlying solutions, cloud solutions, SAP Hana, for example, replication backup, archiving, reporting, all of this is one platform. I would suggest starting with small solutions, to learn the product and see if it's the best option for your needs.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

11.7
More Commvault reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Commvault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.