Commvault Review

Flexible, stable, good cross-platform replication, and has a good management console

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to backup our public and private cloud data. It is very compatible with all backup types and environments. It backs up our databases, as well as other systems such as email and files.

We are using a KVM system in our cloud, and this solution works very well with it.

How has it helped my organization?

With Commvault, we provided trusted environment to our customer and increased our incomes with new customers.

What is most valuable?

The Commvault Console is very good, as it is capable of archive and backup in the same system.

This solution is very successful at cross-platform replication.

What needs improvement?

Virtual machines backup window in GUI is not user friendly. Some improvements should be done to better user experience.

We have been using this solution for about three years.

This is a very stable product, and in fact, one of the reasons that we choose this solution.

This is a scalable product.

We have been using it more frequently in the past three months, and we have ten companies as clients who are using it for their backups. I do not know how many users they have. We are planning to increase usage.

We have been using technical support, and the response time is very acceptable. We have had no problem with support for this solution.

We previously used Acronis as our backup solution in this company, but it is not a stable product. It fails as we need to restore a backup, and we needed a stable product. We also needed support for many different platforms. I had worked with this solution at my previous company six years ago and was familiar with it, which is why we choose it.

The initial setup of this solution is not complex, and it was not hard for me.

The deployment takes between two and three hours.

We deployed this solution in-house, with our experience. We have a backup team of five people who are in charge of deployment and maintenance, although the team consists of three main people. They are backup administrators and backup experts.

We did not evaluate other options before we switched to Commvault from Acronis.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend because it is stable and has good support. However, it still has some limitations and can be improved.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud