Commvault Review

Protects all main applications, integrates well with NetApp

What is our primary use case?

This solution is mainly used for virtualization and Oracle data protection. The customers I work with use it to protect their machines and active databases.

What is most valuable?

It's a complete software that can protect all the main applications. Perhaps that's the feature I like most. The integration with the NetApp and other apps is also very nice.

What needs improvement?

I think the one thing that could be improved is the customer experience. The interface should be more user friendly.

The price could perhaps be lower as well.

I believe it's very stable. That's why the customers who buy Commvault stay with Commvault.

The solution is scalable, because you can add app features. It's very possible to scale.

We have four or five customers, so that's probably around 20 users. We are in a small country.

The technical support is very good. It was not very difficult. I had a bug and the Commvault supporter helped perfectly.

The initial setup is straightforward. We need one or two integrators to deploy and maintain this solution.

We evaluated other options, but Commvault is a very complete solution. In the end, it's a very useful tool. Our customers will already know Commvault. Their software always compares well with other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

Perhaps, my best advice is to look for an integrator with expertise in Commvault to help deploy this solution. It's not that easy to install. It's not even possible after they all installed it. Customers should have someone with good expertise with Commvault to supply it.

I would rate this solution as eight out of ten.